Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Staying Out All Night

Well, last night, as I was making strawberry jam, I realized it was bed time for the ducks and dutifully walked down the hill for the billionth time. They were in the pond and they casually looked up at me and then looked away, not wanting to make eye contact. I called them, I sing-songed "grain, grayyyy-ne," and they continued to ignore me. These ducks were not going to be shut in the barn overnight, thank you very much. Keep your grain! they silently intoned.

This morning I saw them cross the road from the neighbor's back into our property! The nerve of these ducks!

I just may forgive their insolence, as they did lay two eggs in the barn stall.

1 comment:

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi Julia.Been a while I haven't visited. Now, I didn't know that ducks needed singing to.That is sooo nice LOL. Good duckies, 2 eggs, wow!!! Take care